Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Big Brains


So, I get spammed occasionally by a Speakers Bureau called "Big Speak." Since I'm a PR person, Big Speak assumes I'll book one of their people for a keynote at some gala or special meeting. Reasonable enough. Yesterday, I got a postcard from them that advertised "Big Business Minds" and the speakers, presumably, who had them.

What struck me about these Big Business Minds was there were 16 of them. But only one was female. I felt depressed.

I go to the Web site. OK. Buzz Aldrin. You can't argue with that. He's a legend. And Lance Armstrong. Same thing. I scroll down the page and find one female speaker and her topic is...menopause.

Have to take my wee little brain off to work now. Thank goodness we have such smart men running everything for us. Like the White House, Federal Reserve, EPA and the Pentagon.

Toodles.

No comments: