Friday, October 28, 2005

Another week and where'd it go?

Hello, my blogpals.

Another week has flown by. Don't get me wrong. I'm beyond happy it's Friday. One more phone call, expecting a pat on the head from a client I'd done--what I thought was--a great job for, only to get a sucker punch to the kisser instead. Nothing's ever good enough. I sink into a funk that even tiny dark chocolate Milky Way bars can't lift. Can I ever get anything right for these people???

It should've been a happier week for me. Harriet Miers withdrew her nomination. Cheney's chief of staff indicted. But a vague tinge of guilt keeps me from enjoying the afflictions visited on the undeserving, powerful and vindictive. Karma tends to make that pleasure boomerang on you...it won't be too long before you're guilty of at least two of those things (getting something you didn't deserve, being vindictive, maybe even abusing a position of power you have over someone less fortunate).

Well, if nothing else goes right, at least I'll get an extra hour of sleep this weekend...thanks to that old "fall back" thing.

Have a good one, kiddos. I'll be back next week, ready to take another kick in the pants or blow to the ego and say, smiling and servile, "Thank you sir! May I have another?"

It's all in a day's work.

No comments: